- Firstlove Assembly
- 457 Ikwerre Road Opposiste Sobaz filling station, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Email: [email protected]
The church was founded by Simon Afolabi.
Firstlove Assembly Vision
Spreading the flame of God’s love in the Spirit of Christ.
Firstlove Assembly Mission Statement
To lead sinners to the way of salvation and saints to the knowledge of apostolic values and Christian standards.
Firstlove Assembly Strategy
- Knowledge Impartation
Firstlove Assembly Emphasis:
The ministry focuses on revival and restoration of individual life, the church, our nation and the redemption of the continent of Africa. Our Anchor Scriptures are
“Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.” Jude 3 (NKJV)
“But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses: they are for a prey, and none delivered; for a spoil, and none said, Restore.” Isaiah 42:22 (KJV) We responded and say “Restore!!!”
Firstlove Assembly Recitation:
“The Lord shall cause us to take root; we shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the earth with fruits.” Isaiah.27:6
Firstlove Assembly Doctrinal Beliefs:
- The Holy Bible (The Scripture) is the only authoritative word of God, inspired through chosen persons. It is not wrong on any subject (infallible) and is free of mistakes. It is given for the salvation of man.
- God co-exist as God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and The Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ was born of a virgin Mary, conceived by the Holy Spirit. He lived a sinless life and paid the sacrifice for sin once and for all by the death on the Cross. He arose from the dead in His own glorified body after three days, appeared to many and ascended unto heaven. He shall return in power and glory. He is the Head of the body; the Church.
- The Holy Spirit is a Gift from God to the Church, to enable her to grow in righteousness and be a blessing to the world. He convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment.
- Man was created in the image and the likeness of God. Man lost the glory through disobedience to God and became sinful in nature. Wherefore the glory is restored through the gift of eternal life through Christ Jesus. Man is tripartite in nature: The Body, the Soul and the Spirit; the Body houses the soul and the spirit. The spirit is the life from God and the Soul is our personality.
- Salvation of man is by grace through faith alone for the glory of God alone. Ephesians 2:8-9
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit
- The Gifts of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 12:1-11)
- The fruit of the Holy Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-23)
- The Saviour of Man is Christ Alone (Acts 4:12)
- The Church is the body of Christ. The Church is God’s representative here on earth with the commission to preach the gospel to nations and to make disciples of them.
- The Consummation: This is the visible personal return of Jesus Christ for His own (the resurrection of those that died in Him and the translation of those that are alive in Christ into the presence of God).
- The marriage supper of the Lamb, the millennial reign of Christ and the final judgment.