- know not why God’s wondrous grace
To me He hath made known,
Nor why, unworthy, Christ in love
Redeemed me for His own.
But “I know Whom I have believed,
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
Unto Him against that day.”
- I know not how this saving faith
To me He did impart,
Nor how believing in His Word
Wrought peace within my heart.
- I know not how the Spirit moves,
Convincing men of sin,
Revealing Jesus through the Word,
Creating faith in Him.
- I know not what of good or ill
May be reserved for me,
Of weary ways or golden days,
Before His face I see.
- I know not when my Lord may come,
At night or noonday fair,
Nor if I walk the vale with Him,
Or meet Him in the air.