Paul Washer is the founder, director and missions coordinator of HeartCry Missionary Society, which supports indigenous missionary work. Washer’s sermons tend to have an evangelistic focus on the gospel and the doctrine of the assurance of salvation and predestination, and he frequently speaks against modern church practices such as the sinner’s prayer, and a focus on numerical church growth.
Born 1961, Paul David Washer says he had a born again experience while studying to become an oil and gas lawyer at the University of Texas. Upon graduation, he attended Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and achieved a Master of Divinity degree. He moved to Peruwhere he became a missionary proclaiming the gospel for 10 years, after which time he returned to the United States. He is best known for his sermons on salvation and regeneration and has become quite popular due to his two sermons, “Ten Indictments”, and “Paul Washer’s Shocking Youth Message” (The latter was not properly the sermon title). Washer resides in Radford, VA, where he lives with his wife and four children. In March 2017, Washer suffered a heart attack and is recovering from that event.
- Washer, Paul (2004). The One True God. HeartCry Missionary Society.
- ——— (2009). Truth About Man. Granted Ministries Press.
- ——— (2012). The Gospel’s Power and Message. Recovering the Gospel. Reformation Heritage Books. I
- ——— (2013). The Gospel Call and True Conversion. Recovering the Gospel. Reformation Heritage Books.
- ——— (2014). Gospel Assurance and Warnings. Recovering the Gospel. Reformation Heritage Books.