……keep Satan from getting the advantage over us; for we are not ignorant of his wiles and intentions (2 Corinthians 2:11 AMP)
One of the most sobering facts about life is that all humans have a supernatural enemy whose aim is to use pain and pleasure to make us blind, stupid, and miserable — forever. The Bible calls him “the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world . . . the accuser” (Revelation 12:9–10), “the ruler of this world” (John 12:31), and “the god of this age” (2 Corinthians 4:4).
See The 10 Common Tactics Of The Enemy Against The Believer and How You Can Overcome Them.
1. Deception. Manifests as lies and illusions in order to make you believe in the wrong Genesis 3: 4-5.Your enemy can split himself into two seemingly opposing personalities in a fued so as to make you take sides with one side of him. Onegreat deception of the adversary is him making you believe he’s good, he’s thelight, an angel 2 Corinthians 11:14 etc
Solution: Discernment. If you know the word of God well enough you’ll be able to tell apart and smell the spirit inside people. Also by their fruitsyou’ll know them Galatians 5:19-21.
2. Slander & gossip. The major intent is to distract you or rubbish your image. Satan accused Job before God.Also the Jews spread malicious gossip about Jesus and Paul.
Here you see many saying things againstyou that are not true and have no iota of truth in them.
Solution: Expect it, Ignore and Focus on what you’re on. Keep forging ahead. Even ifyou do need to defend yourself, give it some time. Don’t panic. Don’t explode.Don’t be guided by fear. It’s valid to defend your ministry (1 Thess. 2; 2 Cor.10–13), but we should be careful not to become too defensive about ourselves.
3. Mockery. The goal here is tomake you feel the shame that they represent. This nature is inside all humans.People mock another who’s doing something great they’ve failed at or can’tachieve. Mockery can also be an indication your enemy is gaining ground. Watchout. E.g The soilders mocked Jesus Christ. Tobiah mocked Nehemiah and thepeople of Israel who were rebuilding Jerusalem’s wall Nehemiah 4:3. Shimeimocked David when he was escaping from Absalom 2 Samuel 16:5. Some kids mockedElisha and 42 of them ended in the belly of bears 2 Kings 2:23.
Solution: Concentrate. Keep seeking and doing good. Do not retaliate.
4. Persistence. The enemy doesn’tgive up easily. The intent is to wear you out till you give up on yourpursuit/resolve. E.g Delilah wearied Samson with her continual inquest.
*Resistance. Resist the devil and he’ll flee from you James4:7. Be strong in your resistance, don’t swerve or anything just RESIST.
5. Flattery. Pride got the enemywhere he is today and he’ll stop at nothing to get you there also. Pride goesbefore destruction Proverbs 16:18, always. Goliath and Herod died at the peakof their pride. The one’s head fell off, the later’s stomach burst open.
*Humility. Be humble in spirit doesn’t mean bend low to everyone’s request. Itmeans look beyond the weight of your achievements and be willing to grow allthe more.
6. False accusation. The adversarywill use this when it seems he’s losing out. Daniel was falsely accused. Josephdid not escape this tactic from Potiphar’s wife.
*Righteous & truthfulness. Righteousness exalts a nation. In the case of the people above, their attitude and truthfulness proved out in the end. Be like them.
7. Disguise/camouflage as friend or light worker & False teaching / wolf in sheep’s clothing. This is a power tool of the enemy, you’ll often catch him dead saying, ‘I want to be your friend.’ Your enemy can camouflage into different looks; physically and spiritually. People of Gibeon deceived Joshua; Joshua 9:3-6. An enemy most often comes as that sweetest friend you can’t part with but sooner than later he’ll bare his teeth and reveal the deep wound he has inflicted silently on you all this while. So many prophets in the world today are what they are; false teachers. Sadly their message and ‘miracles’ (MM) are so juicy many can’t resist.
*THE WORD. BE GUIDED. INTUITION. HOLY SPIRIT will instruct you in all truth.Pay attention.
120 Recorded Miracles In The Bible
8. Fear/Intimidation. This he uses to cripple his victim’s soul like Goliath crippled Saul’s army. The mind of man is powerful but when it becomes feeble, it’s easy to manipulate. Fear also brings distraction. Sanballath is the demon of discouragement and distraction.
*Courage. Be strong in the LORD and in the strength of his might. Put on the Hole ARMOUR OF GOD Ephesians 6: 10-18
9. Counterattack/return march. The enemy often likes to catch his target in his words. He’ll use your words against you, especially after you make a powerful win against him. Pharisees and Sadducee often sought to do this with Jesus Christ but failed woefully each time Mark 12:13, Luke 20:26. Why?
*Steadfastness. He was steadfast and consistent with what HE say and does. Be like Christ.
10. Disobedience/stubbornness/compromise/bias/ dualization. This is the most effective of all the tactics of the adversary. Disobedience isa grave sin many overlook. God cannot condone disobedience as he likens it to witchcraft 1 Samuel 15:23. Suffer no witch to live. The enemy can kill your aspirations, life, marriage, family etc through disobedience to Good/God’s instructions. He smoothens disobedience so you don’t see it as one, but as an alternative like Saul did in 1 Samuel 15:15. he’ll tell you, ‘OK, use this escape route. Try this, etc’ In so doing you’ll begin to doubt which is theright option and end up in confusion. Another way he makes you disobey is to mix good and evil (White & Black, truth & lie, Beauty & ugly) in to one picture so you can’t tell the difference.
*Purity & wholesomeness. Jesus said you can’t serve God and man. Paul wrote, ‘Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. Of what union is light with darkness?’ Good is good; Evil is evil; there’s no unity between them.