There are 8 Hebrew words in the Bible translated as “abomination” or a form of that word. Some of the definitions used to describe these Hebrew words are: disgusting, abhorrent, filthy, offensive, to detest, to pollute, to enrage, to stink. God called dozens of things an “abomination” in the Bible. Following are the ones I found.
1. (Lev 7:18)(Lev 19:7) Meat eaten on the 3rd day.
2. (Lev 11:10-12) Eating anything in the seas or rivers that does not have fins or scales. Even the carcasses of those not having fins or scales are an abomination.
3. (Lev 11:13-19) Eating certain unclean birds.
4. (Lev 11:20) Eating certain winged insects that walk on all fours.
5. (Lev 11:41-43) Eating any creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
6. (Lev 18:6-18,20) Fourteen verses of people that God says not to have sex with. [(Lev 18:29-30 tells us these are abominations.]
7. (Lev 18:19) No sex with a woman during her period.
8. (Lev 18:21) A child shall not be burned in sacrifice to Molech.
9. (Lev 18:22)(Lev 20:13) Lying with a man as one lies with a woman.
10. (Lev 18:23) No sex with an animal.
11. (Deut 7:25) The gold and silver found on idols.
12. (Deut 7:26)(Deut 27:15)(Jer 32:34)(2 Chr 15:8)(Isa 44:19) Idols
13. (Deut 12:31) The way pagan nations worshipped their gods.
14. (Deut 13:13-14) Anyone who says to worship other gods.
15. (Deut 14:3-21) A list of “abominable” foods.
16. (Deut 17:1) Sacrificing an ox or sheep that has a blemish.
17. (Deut 17:4) Worshipping other gods.
18. (Deut 18:10-12) Anyone who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination, interprets omens, a witch, a sorcerer, one who casts spells, a medium, a spiritist, a necromancer.
19. (Deut 22:5) Wearing clothing of the opposite sex.
20. (Deut 23:18) The earnings of a male or female prostitute.
21. (Deut 24:1-4) A man divorcing a wife, then trying to remarry her after she has remarried someone else.
22. (Deut 25:13-16)(Prov 20:10,23) Having dishonest weights and measures.
23. (1 Kin 11:5,7)(2 Kin 23:13) Ashtoreth the goddess of the Sidonians, Milcom the god of the Ammonites, Chemosh, the god of Moab, Molech, the god of Ammon.
24. (1 Kin 21:26) Following idols
25. (Prov 3:32) The devious
26. (Prov 6:16-19) Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that run rapidly to evil, a false witness, one who sows discord among brothers.
27. (Prov 11:1) A false balance
28. (Prov 11:20) A perverse heart
29. (Prov 12:22) Lying lips
30. (Prov 15:8)(Prov 21:27) The sacrifice of the wicked.
31. (Prov 15:9) The way of the wicked.
32. (Prov 15:26) The thoughts of the wicked.
33. (Prov 16:5) Everyone that is proud in heart.
34. (Prov 17:15) He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just.
35. (Prov 28:9) The prayer of one who turns his ear away from hearing the law.
36. (Isa 1:13) The incense of rebelling Judah and Jerusalem.
37. (Isa 66:17) Those who eat swine’s flesh, mice, and other abominable things.
38. (Jer 32:35)(2 Kin 16:3)(2 Chr 28:3) Sacrificing a son or daughter in the fire.
39. (Eze 18:11-13) Eating at mountain shrines, defiling a neighbor’s wife, oppressing the poor and needy, robbery, not restoring a pledge, lifting up eyes to idols and committing abomination, lending money on interest and taking increase.
40. (Mic 6:10) Scant measures
41. (Mal 2:11) Marrying the daughter of a foreign god.
42. (Lk 16:15) That which is esteemed among men.