High carbon monoxide levels at a South Austin church sent 10 people to the hospital Sunday, including seven children, according to officials with the Chicago Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to a call of sick children at the Bethel Apostolic Church at 5433 W. Jackson Blvd. around 2:21 p.m Sunday, according to WGN 9.

All 10 people transported to area hospitals are said to be in “good condition,” according to a paramedic on the scene.

Symptoms of carbon dioxide include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and can be fatal if you are exposed to a high level of the gas for long enough.

Leave a Reply