What happened with the Resurrection? We don’t have to decide right now if God raised Jesus, but I think the way to start is to say, “What happened in time and space? Was there a man named Jesus? Did He die on a cross? And did His Disciples see Him again?”
For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve (1 Corinthians 15:3-5).
Here are 10 Historical Facts About The Death And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ
- Jesus died by crucifixion (John 19 vs 1-37, Matthew 27:32-56, Luke 23:26-43)
- He was buried in a tomb (John 19 vs 38 – 42, Matthew 27:57-61, Mark 15:42-47)
- His death caused the Disciples to despair and lose hope, believing His life had ended. What would you say if your best friend died very suddenly? (John 20:19, Matt 26:56, Mark 14:50)
- Three days later, He resurrected (Matthew 28, John 20, Luke 24)
- The First Eyewitnesses to His resurrection were Women (Matthew 28, John 20)
- The first person to see him after resurrection was Mary Magdalene (John 20 vs 11 – 18)
- Jesus later showed Himself to his disciples for many days (Matthew 28 vs 16 – 20, John 21, Acts 1 vs 3)
- He ascended to Heaven with the promise to send the Holy Ghost and to return on earth again (John 14:15-17, 28, Acts 1 vs 5-11, Luke 24 vs 51, Mark 16 vs 19)
- The disciples preached the message of His death and resurrection around the world (ark 16 vs 20, Acts 2 vs 14 – 41)
- As a result of this preaching, the Church was born, it grew and it’s still growing (acts 2 vs 37 – 47, Acts 4 vs 4).
This same Jesus is coming back again to take His body (the Church) on to Himself. Are you a member of His body?