Reverend Dr. Chidi A.Okoroafor is an itinerant inter-denominational revivalistic and evangelistic preacher. Chidi Okoroafor is a product of AGDSN (Assemblies of God Divinity School,Nigeria,Old Umuahia,Abia State.) and presently, the General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God Church Nigeria.
Childhood And Education
Chidi Okoroafor was born on 25th day of September, 1964 into the family of late Jonas A. Okoroafor, a headmaster Special Class of Ndi-kanu Compound, Isinkpu village in Arochukwu, Arochukwu Local Government Area of Abia State, Nigeria.
He began his Primary School 1 – 4 in Umuaro Community School, Obingwa L.G.A. and completed his Primary School (5 – 6) at Imo River Central School in Ukwa Local Government Area of Abia State. He proceeded to National High School, Azumini Ndoki where he did his Secondary school. He got born again while in class two in his Secondary school.While in the Secondary school, he joined the Scripture Union and was committed to the extent that he became the Prayer Secretary and finally the President of the Scripture Union.
Nigeria Church Leaders And Years In Ministry
Towards the end of his Secondary school carrier, the hand of God came mightily upon him for full time ministry. This was resisted by his family members who thought it was a waste to abandon opportunities to travel abroad for further studies to pursue a Bible school certificate.
However, he defied the opposition and proceeded to Assemblies of God Divinity School, Old Umuahia. He started pastoring at eighteen (18) years even before proceeding to the Bible school. He was the pioneer Pastor of Umugba – Omoba, in Omoba Section under the leadership of late Rev. Onuiri.
Diploma in Theology – AGDSN.
B.A. Missions/Communication – AGDSN.
M.A. Missiology (suma cum laude) Lome Togo (Graduation Speaker who made Alpha in all the courses).
Ph.D. Sociology of Religion, University of Portharcourt (Dissertation on Evangelism and Inculturation).
PGD International Relations/Diplomacy – Imo State University – 2010.
M.Th (Cand) Pentecostal/Charismatic Studies – 2005, University of Wales, U.K.
Advanced Leadership (Haggai Institute) Maui Hawaii, USA – 2008.
M.Sc – International Affair/Diplomacy, Imo State University (in view).
MINISTERIAL POSITION UNDER ASSEMBLIES OF GOD CHURCH NIGERIA
1. Pioneer Pastor – Assemblies of God, Umugba Omoba – 1982.
2. Assistant Pastor under three different senior Pastors 1986 – 1989.
3. Pioneer Pastor, Assemblies of God, Umuawa Alaocha 1989 – 1991.
4. Senior Pastor, Assemblies of God, Ossah – Ibeku, 1999 – 2000.
5. Youth Ministries/Prayer Coordinator of the Eastern Igboland District, 1990 – 1997.
6. Men’s Ministries/Prayer Coordinator of the Umuahia District, 1997 – 1999.
7. CASOR Coordinator, Umuahia District.
8. Evangel Corporate Ministries Executive Secretary, Umuahia District.
9. P.A. to the Umuahia District Superintendent.
10. Zonal Chairman, National Easter Retreat.
11. Area Supervisor, National Easter Retreat.
12. National Financial Secretary, National Easter Retreat.
13. Camp Commandant, Evangel Camp, Okpoto.
14. District Superintendent, Umuahia (Jerusalem) District, 2006 – 2011.
15. Executive Committee member of the Assemblies of God Nigeria, 2006 – 2010.
16. Adjunct Lecturer, AGDSN, 2006 – 2010.
17. Assistant General Superintendent, Assemblies of God Nigeria, 2010 – 2017.
18. General Superintendent, Assemblies of God Nigeria, 2017
1. Founding President, Intercessors Prayer Camp International – 1982 till 2011.
2. Secretary, Umuahia Zonal Clergymen Fellowship.
3. Secretary, Umuahia Zonal Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).
Top 101 Christian Leaders To Follow On Twitter And Their Twitter Handle
4. Chairman, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Abia Central Zone.
5. 1st Vice Chairman, Abia State Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN).
GENERAL MINISTERIAL IMPACT
An itinerant revivalist.
His revival messages are marketed across nations in CD, VCD, etc and have blessed many hearers. They are over forty-five (45) different topics including University of tears, Injury time, Are we still brethren? Should I still forgive him? Wanted! Wanted!! Wanted!!!
Radio/TV speaker – Redemption Echoes, Echoes of Revival, Nuggets of Life, Hour of Soteria.
Written books. Some of them are: Days of Spiritual Low Percent, The Sanctuary in my home, Diet of Programs, Transfer of Pastors, The Excellency of Team Work, etc.
Rev. Chidi Okoroafor is happily married to Rev. Mrs. Stella Chidi Okoroafor, B.A. Religious Studies, PGDE, Imo State University and MA (in view) Guidance and Counselling, ESUT. The marriage is blessed with five children (3 girls and twin boys).
A man of a great God