In those moments when life leaves you feeling weak and weary, you can always turn to God’s Word for strength. And you can rely on God for the peace you so desperately crave.
If you are feeling discouraged today over any situation, you feel overwhelmed by the storms of life that you can barely keep on, here are 12 scriptural verses to remind yourself of the truth of God’s faithfulness and His love, knowing that He will surely help you overcome all.
See Also: List Of 650 Prayers In The Bible
12 Encouraging Bible Verses To Help You When You Are Down
- Psalm 55:22 – “Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.”
- Psalm 37:5 King James Version (KJV)
Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
- Philippians 4:6-7 King James Version (KJV)
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Isaiah 41:10 – “Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
- Nahum 1:7 – “The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.”
- Psalm 46 King James Version (KJV)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 – “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Psalm 91:14-16 – “‘Because he loves me,’ says the Lord, ‘I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.'”
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 King James Version (KJV)
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
- Matthew 6:25-34 King James Version (KJV)
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
- 1 Peter 5:7 – “Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.”
- Psalm 37:37-40 King James Version (KJV)
Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.