Pastor Taiwo Odukoya was the senior pastor of the fountain of life church, Lagos, Nigeria, a Church with a membership strength of over 8,000 people.
Born, Daniel Taiwo Odukoya on June 15, 1956, Pastor Odukoya holds a degree in petroleum engineering and worked for 12 years with the Nigeria national petroleum corporation (NNPC) until his voluntary retirement in 1994 to concentrate on the ministry god had committed to him.
Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Death.
The church disclosed that the cleric died on Monday, August 7, in the United States of America.
The post read: “The fountain of Life Church Family, in total submission to the will of God Almighty announces the passing unto greater glory of our Father, Teacher, a great servant of the Most High God, Pastor Daniel Taiwo Odukoya, Founding Pastor of The Fountain of Life Church, who passed unto glory on the 7th of August 2023 in the USA.
“We are in total submission to you LORD!!!
“We thank the Lord for the gift of a greater leader!!!”
He was a firm believer in the potential of his country Nigeria, and that is why he has personally established and actively invested in various initiatives to enhance the nation morally, educationally and politically.
His approach centers on what he considers the root of the problem – a value reorientation of the various aspects of our national life, particularly the leadership, with the firm belief that this is one of the main ways we can truly make a positive change in the society. Among his initiatives are: discovery for men, discovery for women, the woman leader, home affairs and grace springs medical centre.
An accomplished author, he has to his credit over 300 publications, including books, articles, seminar papers, etc. His books unleash your god-given potential, created for blessing, limitless, 100 nuggets of wisdom for the man of significance (volumes 1&2), home affairs and the portrait of a champion have gained a wide readership both locally and internationally.
He was the husband of the legendary Pastor Bimbo (of blessed memory) and they had three lovely children – a boy and two girls. He is now married to Rosemary Simangele Odukoya (popularly known as pastor nomthi).
Brief Facts About Pastor Taiwo Odukoya
1. Taiwo Odukoya was born on June 15, 1956 in the city of Kaduna where he was also raised.
2. He was the senior pastor of The Fountain of Life Church, Ilupeju, Lagos, with a membership strength of over 8,000 people.
3. He had his primary and secondary education at Baptist Primary School, Kigo Road, Kaduna and St. Paul’s College (now known as Kufena College, Wusasa) Zaria respectively.
4. He proceeded to the University of Ibadan in 1976 where he obtained a degree in petroleum engineering in 1981.
5. As a petroleum engineer, he started work at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) in April 1982 after the compulsory one-year National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) scheme, and served there until his voluntary retirement in January 1994 after his call to the ministry.
6. In 1980, Odukoya met Bimbo Williams at the University of Ibadan and the two struck a relationship that led to their marriage in 1984.
7. The marriage produced three children.
8. Taiwo and Bimbo Odukoya co-founded The Fountain of Life Church in 1992 with a stated vision “to teach men and women the art of building successful relationships and the principles of leadership so they can be what they are created to be.
9. On 10 December 2005, Bimbo Odukoya, along with 102 other people, died on the crashed Sosoliso Airlines Flight 1145.
10. On January 5, 2010, five years later, Taiwo Odukoya got married again to Rosemary Simangele Zulu from South Africa.
11. The marriage produced two boys, Timilehin and Jomiloju.
12. In November 2021, Odukoya lost his second wife to cancer.
13. The pastor announced the death of his wife on 9 November, saying that the South African “battled cancer for the better part of two years.
14. In 2014, nine years after the death of his first wife, Odukoya readdressed the matter of the plane crash that made him a widower.